Friday, September 25, 2009

Phony Romo?! Good one!!!

I am not a fan of sportwriter Jay Mariotti, national columnist for Fanhouse.com and a regular panelist on ESPN's "Around the Horn" (and formerly of the Chicago Sun-Times). He irritates and annoys me. Maybe it's the whiny, nasally voice. Still, he's often dead-on in his commentary and opinions, as he is in his "Phony Romo is Bust" column for Fanhouse.

Tony Romo, the starting quarterback for the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, was annoited as the next-big-thing by a sports media always looking to discover the next great Cowboys quarterback. One of my best pals said that years ago, but I must admit that I was also taken by Romo's come-out-nowhere, from-nobody-to-somebody, overnight sensation story, and I was in denial every time my friend criticized Romo.

I don't particularly care anymore whether Romo does turn out to be a big deal or not. I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment