Monday, September 7, 2009

Thank You Very Much for Domo



I recently reviewed Domo: The Manga, TOKYOPOP's OEL manga starring the mascot of Japan's NHK television station. I think that this full color, all ages title would make an excellent comic book gift for a young reader. I plan on passing Domo to my six-year-old nephew who is already showing a growing love for comic books.

I don't know how good TOKYOPOP is at marketing and publicizing their titles, especially the last few years, as they've apparently shed people from various departments, including publicity. It would be a shame if Domo simply got lost in the shuffle of comic books and graphic novels released each and every week (to say nothing of the avalanche of books of all types unleashed on booksellers every week).

No comments:

Post a Comment