Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Reads You Review: ARCHIE #633

ARCHIE #633
ARCHIE COMICS

SCRIPT/PENCILS: Dan Parent
INKS: Rich Koslowski
LETTERS: Jack Morelli
COLORS: Digikore Studios
COVER: Dan Parent
32pp, Color, $2.99 U.S.

Archie Marries Valerie: Part 3 of 4 – “A Star is Born”

Readers who have been following the Archie comic book series know that a recent storyline has Archie Andrews dating Valerie Smith of Josie and the Pussycats. Apparently, the two have been paying special attention to each other for some time, and now that Valerie and her family have moved to Archie’s hometown of Riverdale, the two have gotten even closer. When the relationship takes a turn towards the really serious, Valerie goes for a walk down Memory Lane, a magical street somewhere in Riverdale that allows characters to see possible futures.

Archie #633 has Part 3 of the story (“A Star is Born”), and it finds Archie and Valerie married. To better focus on their new life together, Archie has quit his band, The Archies, and Valerie has also left Josie and the Pussycats. Now, the two bands have to find new members, but tensions rise when the new lineups don’t necessarily work out for the best. Meanwhile, things are also a little bumpy for the newlyweds, but Archie and Valerie are also in for some big changes in their lineup.

I pretty much can repeat what I said in my review of Archie #632: What a delightful comic book this is! I read it in a few minutes in one sitting. I tore through Archie #633 as if it held some great secret. I can’t remember the last time I read a comic book as fast as I read this one. Hooray for Dan Parent, the writer and lead artist behind this comic book. As a big Josie and the Pussycats fan, I appreciate his work.

I’ll say it again: if you ever read and liked Archie, you will read and like Archie again with this storyline.

A

http://www.archiecomics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment