Sunday, February 17, 2013

Albert Avilla Reviews: Savage Wolverine #1

Savage Wolverine #1
Marvel Comics

Reviewed by Albert Avilla

Writer/Artist: Frank Cho
(Spoilers!)

Savage Wolverine in the Savage Land, how else would you start a series? Let’s get savage in this piece.

It’s all Cho all the time. I am not familiar with him as a writer, but I do know that the man can draw a fine ass woman. His first guest star is Shanna, the jungle girl who runs around in a leopard print bikini. I thank you editors at Marvel for not being P.C. and giving this girl another costume that respects her as a strong intelligent woman. That girl has all the important B’s: boobs, booty, and bikini, and Mr. Cho is doing a great job of displaying them all. There is more good news: there is no Kazar or Zabu in sight to take up valuable panel space. I don’t know who else is in a scene when they try to share panel space with Shanna.

The story has good elements. There is foreshadowing beating us across the head. Mystery is keeping us interested in the outcome. Let’s not forget the reason we pick up this mag, Wolvie action. Good-old, vicious, animal attacks and human body parts flying all over the place is what I’m talking about. Even your-friends-stab-you-in-the-gut Wolverine action is in high gear. All of Wolvie’s mutant abilities are on display.

The plot is basic. Shanna and some S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents crash land on a mysterious island. They are unable to escape the island, because nature itself seems to be fighting them. The local tribe kills everyone except Shanna. Wolvie gets dropped into the situation by some mysterious force. Shanna and Oh, Uh, lost my train of thought the boobs are on my mind like crack on a crack head’s mind. Oh, yeah Shanna and Wolverine team up to try and find a way off the island.

I think that I covered the art enough for everyone to get the idea that Cho is the man. His stuff is just appealing to the eye.

I rate Savage Wolverine #1 Buy Your Own Copy. #2 (of 5) on Al-O-Meter Ranking

No comments:

Post a Comment