Friday, October 5, 2012

Albert Avilla Reviews: Wolverine and the X-Men #17

Wolverine and the X-Men #17
Marvel Comics

Reviewed by Albert Avilla

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Michael Allred
Colors: Laura Allred
Cover: Michael and Laura Allred

Just the other day I was thinking, “Hey, the X-Books have not done a good humor issue in a while.” I like Wolverine, and I like the X-Men. Logic dictates that I should like Wolverine and the X-Men. I start reading: Deathlok is giving Wolverine an evaluation of the school. Tongue in cheek stuff is going on. I turn the page, and I have my first encounter with Doop. That page alone lets me know that I may have stumbled across a goldmine. Let the hilarity begin.

There was not a page that didn't make me laugh; some pages, every panel. Who can defeat the devil and a nun and every other menace in between in one issue? My boy Doop can. Doop is a pimp. I don't have enough words and time to describe every comic scene. Trust me, it is some good material. I'm not going to separate the art from the story, because everything works together in this riotous romp.

I rate Wolverine and the X-Men #17 Buy Your Own Copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment