Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's My Party... I'm Coming Out... It's My House... etc.

Welcome to the I Reads You blog. I'm Leroy Douresseaux, and I've been writing reviews and articles about comics, movies, books, etc. on the Internet for several years now, mostly for http://www.negromancer.com/ and, for the past six year, the http://www.comicbookbin.com/. Much of what I write on this blog will have to do with comic books, comic strips, graphic novels, comix, and comics culture - from all over the world. However, this blog is most importantly about me writing and commenting on anything that I read that I want to comment on in a public fashion.

I'm also going to use this space as a journal so that I can talk about and comment on things as I read them, rather than only talk about or review the material after I've finished reading it.

Why the name "I Reads You?" Some of you may remember the FOX series, "Martin" (1992-97), which starred Martin Lawrence. One of the series' regular characters was Cole Brown (played by Carl Anthony Payne II), who was supposed to be sort of dim. On one episode, Cole surprised everyone by saying something intelligent that he obviously learned from a book. Seeing his friends' surprise at this display of smarts, Cole declared, "I reads!"

So there you go. I hope you enjoy at least some of what you find here.

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment